I don’t know about you, but it’s when the power goes out that I remember we’ve never bothered to put candles, a holder, and matches all in one place. This super quick and easy project solves that problem.
It’s also a nifty idea for gifts.
People will think you’re oh so clever and thoughtful.
- 1 – 12 ounce Ball Quilted Chrystal Jelly Jar
- 1 – 5/8 inch brass compression cap (from the plumbing section of the hardware store)
- A package of 5-inch utility candles
- A book of matches
- Super Glue.
- Put the 4 candles in the jelly jar
- Add the book of matches to the jar
- Super glue the compression cap to the INSIDE of the jar lid
- Screw the lid on the jar
- Add a label for cuteness (or to remind you why you have candles in a jelly jar)
Store the jar where you’ll find it when the lights go out.
- Take a candle and the matches out of the jar.
- Flip the lid over so the compression cap is on the outside of the jar.
- Screw the lid back on the jar
- Light the candle.